Estonian Aviation Days 2023 take place on June 17-18, 2023
Now already traditional annual Estonian Aviation Days is the largest aviational event in the Baltics. The Estonian Aviation Museum continues to be the initiator of the aviation days and the most important partners are the Estonian Air Force and the Estonian Aviation Academy.
Aviation Days information will be added on the ongoing basis during the organizing.
Participants of Estonian Aviation Days 2022
- Estonian Aviation Museum – main organizer
- Estonian Aviation Academy– co-organizer
- Estonian Air Force– compiling the flight programme
- Tartu Airport– base airfield
Flight programme participants (being specified)
- Estonian Air Force– aviation technique in static exposure and demo flights
- PPA Flight Group – aviation technique in static exposure and demo flights
- Scandinavian Airshow– aerobatic flights
- Jurgis Kairys – former world champion with his aerobatics programme
- Jüri Kaljundi – demo flight on a biplane Pitts S-2A
- Military Parachuting Club(SLK) – parachuting
- Flying Club Keelutsoon– paragliders
- In favorable circumstances also NATO air defence fighters
Participants in the ad booths (being specified)
- Tower jumps
- Merry-go-round for children
- Inflatable „Fortress“ – children’s corner
Preliminary Programme of Aviation Days on June 17th and June 18th
– The territory and exposition of the Aviation Museum will be opened for visitors. The companies’
advertising boxes will be opened.
– Open are attractions, sales outlets and children’s corners.
– The Defence League unit and an Allied battle group from Tapa are ready to welcome visitors.
10.00 Pilots briefing in VIP-hangar
10.30 First demo flights of paragliders and motoparagliders.
11.00 Demo flight by Jüri Kaljundi on a biplane Pitts S-2A.
11.30 SLK parachuters first jumps with Estonian tricolor.
12.00 Opening speech of the Aviation Days
Opening of Rauno Sirk’s bench
Introducing the Norwegian project
Presentation of the Aviation Museum’s new exhibits (MiG-23UB, S-200 complex,
snow rotor, etc.).
12.15 Flight of the Estonian Air Force helicopter R-44 with the Estonian tricolor.
12.30 Slackline world champion and Hollywood stuntman Tauri Vahesaar performs an air show
in the observation tower.
12.30 Scandinavian Airshow demo flight in formation.
13.00 Overflight of NATO Air Policing fighters.
13.15 Overflight of the Estonian Air Force M-28 transport aircraft.
13.30 Group performance of Flight Club KEELUTSOON wing-cover man+dog and parachute
13.45 Jurgis Kairys solo aerobatic flight.
14.00 Gyrocopter demo flight.
14.30 Overflight of NATO Air Policing fighters
14.45 SLK parachuters second jumps.
15.00 Jacob Hollander’s solo aerobatic flight.
15.30 Gyrocopter second demo flight.
18.00 The territory of the Aviation Museum will be closed.
- We try to organize so that the flight schedule is as similar as possible on both days.
- It has been reported that on June 17th B-1B strategic bombers will perform an overflight.
- The plan is tentative because NATO planes are announced at the last minute.
- The flight control should be ensured at least between 12:00 and 16:00.
NB! The programme may be changed due to outside weather and other conditions
Aviation Days entrance fees:
- general ticket for adults 20 €
- schoolchildren 10 €, when presenting a card for large families, the ticket price for schoolchildren is 5 €
- preschoolers free of charge
- disabled visitors free of charge
- The Aviation Days tickets are also available in the roadside kiosks.
The Car Parking area is on the territory of Lange Moto Centre. In the interest of the speed of service the cars will be parked and then, together with buying the Aviation Days ticket, also the parking ticket (5 EUR) should be bought. The existence of the parking ticket will be checked on leaving the parking lot by car.The visitors are kindly asked not to leave their arrival for the last minute, which can lead to long queues of cars. In the interest of the speed of service please pay in cash, if possible.
Supporters of Estonian Aviation Days 2023
- Eesti Õhuvägi2
- Eesti Lennundusmuuseum2
- Politsei- ja Piirivalveamet
- Eesti Lennuakadeemia
- Tartu Lennujaam
- Tallinna Lennujaam
- Tartu linn
- A. Le Coq
- Kastre vald
- Kambja vald
- Luunja vald
- Tartu vald
- EMG Kuiv Liiv OÜ
- Mapri Ehitus OÜ
- Tartu Terminal
- As Samelin
- Soleest OÜ
- Grüne Fee
- Vara Saeveski
- Tartu Veevärk
- AS Olbtar
- Estiko Grupp
- Fort Aero
- Lemeks Grupp
- Puma Aviation
- Tartu 2024
- AS Pakker Avio
- Estonian Aviation Cluster
- Autospirit Tartu
- Ascar Tartu